Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Be a volunteer at McKinley!

McKinley chess club is run by me - Mark Seghers, a board member of the Wisconsin Scholastic Chess Federation and a longtime teacher and club leader.  I do this because I love the game of chess and how it can help young minds develop.  I've seen so many examples, including my own twin sons, now 23.

This year I'm looking for more volunteers:

  • An assistant coach to help me with the program.  Someone who knows the game well and can help with instruction.  Ideally someone who can be available most Mondays.  Email me at seghers @ gmail.com (without the spaces) if interested.
  • 3 volunteers to help with class sign-in, keeping kids on task during the sessions, and sign-out at the end of class.  Here is the sign up form for this:  https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4BAEAF2BABFB6-mckinley1
Thanks!  Looking for a fun class this year, and I can't do it without your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment