Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Chess for 2018!

Chess Class begins again tomorrow, Jan 3, after school in the Library, as before.  See you there!!

Important dates coming up:
Feb 10 - our own tournament at McKinley!  I will have an online signup form for volunteers - I'm looking for one person to oversee the logistics - I will help!  Please reply if you would like to be the person to coordinate volunteers for food, setup, cleanup.  I hope most serious players can make it to our own tournament.  Let's represent McKinley!
Mar 17-18 - K5 State Championship - UW Oshkosh!  Please begin to RSVP to me on this one.  I would like to get 10-15 kids if we can - we all play on the same team- this is a rare and amazing opportunity!  Several hundred kids attend this tournament from all over the state.  I can get reduced room rates at the Country Inn and Suites.  Some people head up Friday night, or you can drive up in the morning on Saturday.  6 Games over Saturday and Sunday.  Home by 4-5pm Sunday.
Apr 21 - State Grade Level tournament - UW Milwaukee Student Union - play against only kids in your grade!  A big annual event!

Other tournaments coming are below.  Our last class will probably be at the end of March, or early April, prior to Grade Level. Tournaments to consider: 

No comments:

Post a Comment